Our Dorset based IT consultants work in partnership with you advising you on how to use information technology in order to meet your business objectives or overcome business problems. Our Consultants work to improve the structure and efficiency of your organisation’s IT systems. Hiring in consultants to perform specific functions over an agreed period of time is often referred to as ‘outsourcing’.
Our IT consultants may be used to provide strategic guidance to your organisation with regard to IT and Communications technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT. They can also be used to provide guidance during selection and procurement as well as providing highly expert technical assistance, and may be responsible for user training and feedback.
Typical consultancy activities
Tasks typically involve:
- meeting with you to determine requirements;
- working with you to define the scope of a project;
- planning timescales and the resources needed;
- clarifying your system specifications, understanding your work practices and the nature of your business;
- travelling to your sites from Dorset;
- liaising with staff at all levels of your organisation;
- defining software, hardware and network requirements;
- analysing IT requirements within your company and giving independent and objective advice on the use of IT;
- developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems;
- presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
- helping you with change-management activities;
- purchasing systems where appropriate;
- designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems;
- preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to you;
- organising training for your users and other consultants.
For further information on our Consultants and Consultancy Services please contact us on: